Cosmetic Tattooing Pre-Procedure Information
All permanent makeup requires multiple treatments - the initial treatment and a perfection visit. The perfection visit should take place 4 to 6 weeks later, and is free of charge.
Be prepared for the colour intensity of your treatment to be significantly sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition, based upon how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates.
Bring your favorite eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, and/or lipstick to the consultation.
- Since the delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make any social plans for a day or two following their treatment.
- Wear your normal makeup and bring your lip or brow pencils on the day.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior.
- Any eyelash or eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done no sooner than 48 hours before, or 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following a eyeliner treatment. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition.
- If you are having a lip treatment and have any history of cold sores / fever blisters / herpes simplex, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription to prevent such outbreaks. You may also obtain an anti-viral medication from a pharmacy.
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, ibuprofen, or coumadin for 7 days before and 2 days after any treatment.
- If you have concerns regarding possible allergic reactions, a patch test may be offered upon request.